Pokemon Explore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Explore

Pokemon Explore is a forum based RPG game taking place in the world of Pokemon.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Character Theme Songs
::Systems:: I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 9:52 pm by Harper

» A new life awaits, my journey finally begins!
::Systems:: I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 10:00 pm by Harper

» Naruto Savage Lands
::Systems:: I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 2:22 pm by Harper

» ::Stop at Viridian City::
::Systems:: I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 9:25 pm by Avaritia

» Last one to post wins!
::Systems:: I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 11:28 pm by Avaritia

» PE Chatbox
::Systems:: I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 9:00 pm by System

» [Graded] Journey starts. Go!
::Systems:: I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 3:14 pm by G.

» Rosecourt, Harper
::Systems:: I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 1:36 am by Avaritia

» xen xonoxa
::Systems:: I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 7:38 pm by Avaritia

Important Links
::General Site Rules::
::Administrators & Moderators::
::Systems::
::Character Template::
::Bulbapedia::
Top posting users this week
No user
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 7 on Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:01 pm

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G.
Admin
G.

::Systems:: Empty
PostSubject: ::Systems::   ::Systems:: I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 1:39 pm

::Battle::

Battles here on Pokemon Explore are free form. The stats are only there as a guideline. The rest is up to your own roleplaying and the special abilities and moves that your pokemon has. In no way should a battle be based around just the stat system. Obviously, the Stat System is there as a guideline. If there is a massive difference between stats in opposing pokemon, that would influence the battle.

You must also be respectful and be mindful of others when your Roleplay. Killing of Player Pokemon or Character on this site is seriously frowned upon (unless the user has given you permission to do so). This is because pokemon universe isn't really focused on such topic and thus shouldn't be done.

There will also be no "auto-hitting" on this site either. You may launch whatever attack you want on the opponent, but they ultimately have control over whether the attack connects or not, and to what effect it has. Obviously, this works in both ways. You have to be realistic when you are being attacked; you can't just dodge and evade every attack thrown at you. "Info-modding", where you take Out Of Character information into In Character, is not acceptable either. If someone is doing anything like the previous methods stated, contact a member of staff and they will help you sort it out.

To finish off, just be realistic when you roleplay. You don't all super-powerful pokemon who can dodge everything and always get out attacks to hit. We give you freedom and trust, so we expect you to respect that.

::Experience & Levels::

Leveling and the whole Experience system works a little bit differently here at Pokemon Explore. First of all there is no experience system. Your pokemon gain levels by earning stats. Stats will be awarded at the end of each topic depending on the lenght of your posts, and the topic itself. For more information about stat system follow [this link]. For every 4 stat points your pokemon gains a level. Maximum level is 100 but the stats can keep on going to infinity.

::Abilities & Moves::

Here at Pokemon Explore your pokemon is allowed to have only one ability. This means either primary ability, secondary ability, or hidden ability. Pokemon can learn infinite amount of moves. They can learn moves either trough breeding, leveling up, tutoring, TMs, or HMs. There can be only one Egg Move [EM], which is decided depending on pokemon's parents. Learning moves trough leveling up is rather straightforward. You pokemon gains the move after he has reached a certain level. Tutoring moves can be taught to your pokemon by Move Tutors. You have to role play it out how the Tutor teaches your pokemon the moves. TMs, and HMs can be bought at shop. Both of them are permanent, but you will have to teach your pokemon the moves in character.

::Breeding::

Breeding can be the act of two pokemon (Male and Female) coming together in order to form an egg which later hatches. Breeding is a long process though and takes a lot of time and patience, as well as needing the two pokemon to actually like one another enough in order for them to want to have an egg together.

When one decides to put two pokemon together to breed, their are a few things that need to be known. The pokemon being breeded must be compatible (Same Species or Egg Group) as well as being appropriate age to breed, atleast 1 year of age or Level 8. Genderless Pokemon can also breed, however, but only with Ditto.

In order for one to have their pokemon breed, they need to have a couple things. The first of these things is a breeder. Only a breeder can breed pokemon. Then two pokemon, a male and a female, of either the same species or same egg group. Third, one must have a secluded area where the two pokemon can, well, breed. Something like a daycare or a forest or something works. The Pokemon definitely aren't going to breed with others staring at them. After one meets the requirements to breed, the trainer must roleplay putting the two pokemon in a secluded area.

Once that is all met, the pokemon are able to breed together and may have one egg or rarely more. Normally, there is a 5% chance that two eggs will be made from the female instead of one, upon laying eggs. However, the maximum limit is two eggs, and three eggs cannot be created at once.

After an egg is created, it takes some time for it to hatch. However, there is always a 50/50 chance of the egg being either species. The species of the egg is decided at the moment it hatches, and is added to the profile. For an egg to hatch it needs to be carried around at least 5 pages of role playing for breeders, while 10 to pokemon trainers and coordinators. After that you can tell an Admin, or a Mod that you would like to hatch your egg. In those pages of role playing you need to also take care of the egg, not simply battle and ignore it completely. If the egg is ignored like that Admin, or Mod can decide not to let you hatch the egg.

The Egg Moves depend on Father and Mother.

I mention it once again. Only Breeders can put their pokemon to breed, but everyone can hatch the egg.

::Contests::

Pokemon Contests are a type of competition often contrasted with Pokémon battles and held in Contest Halls. Pokémon are judged on their condition and moves in two rounds, to determine which is the best of its category. There is currently no strict system for contests yet.

To join a contest travel to one of the 8 main towns where gyms are located. After that you may request a moderator or admin to hold a contest for you. A Contest is divided into two parts. In the first round the Coordinator uses their Pokemon's attacks to showcase its beauty and talent. The appeal is awarded points by judges, who of course are played by the one modding the topic. The Coordinators with the highest scores proceed to the next round. The modder can either decide whether to pass you or not depending on how innovative the techniques were, and how well it was written.

The second round is the Battle Round, in which two Coordinators compete in a Pokemon battle while continuing to show off their Pokemon's beauty and grace. Each battle lasts five posts per coordinaotr and the object of the battle is to decrease the opponent's points. Points are lost when a Coordinator's Pokemon is hit by an attack, when an attack fails, when the opponent's Pokemon performs a particularly beautiful move or when the opponent's Pokemon uses the Coordinator's attack to its own advantage. A battle can also end when one of the Pokemon is unable to battle. In this case the Coordinator with the remaining Pokemon is the winner. The winner receives a ribbon and also extra money, more than one would earn in gym battle.

::Money, Shops, and Custom Items::

Your characters receives money in the end of each topic plus extra if he/she has won a trainer battle, sold something, or won a contest, somewhat similar to gaining stats. For currency we use Pokemon Dollar Pokemon Dollar. Items can be bought out of character in the [Shops] area. You must wait for a new topic to use them though. For example if you are in a topic, and buy a potion, you can't use the potion in that topic but must wait till new one. You can also create custom items in that area.

::Capturing Wild Pokemon::

Capturing will pokemon is easy here at Pokemon Explore. You simply need to make a topic about you traveling, or searching for a pokemon. After that you may ask Admin or Moderator to mod the topic for you and make a wild pokemon appear. After that you battle with it, or befriend it. Since the only open region right now is Kanto, Mods may decide to make other region pokemon appear from time to time.
Back to top Go down
https://pokemonexplore.forummotion.com

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Explore :: Creation Area & Important Stuff :: Roleplay Information & Rules-
Jump to: