Pokemon Explore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Explore

Pokemon Explore is a forum based RPG game taking place in the world of Pokemon.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Character Theme Songs
Rosecourt, Harper I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 9:52 pm by Harper

» A new life awaits, my journey finally begins!
Rosecourt, Harper I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 10:00 pm by Harper

» Naruto Savage Lands
Rosecourt, Harper I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 2:22 pm by Harper

» ::Stop at Viridian City::
Rosecourt, Harper I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 9:25 pm by Avaritia

» Last one to post wins!
Rosecourt, Harper I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 11:28 pm by Avaritia

» PE Chatbox
Rosecourt, Harper I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 9:00 pm by System

» [Graded] Journey starts. Go!
Rosecourt, Harper I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 3:14 pm by G.

» Rosecourt, Harper
Rosecourt, Harper I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 1:36 am by Avaritia

» xen xonoxa
Rosecourt, Harper I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 7:38 pm by Avaritia

Important Links
::General Site Rules::
::Administrators & Moderators::
::Systems::
::Character Template::
::Bulbapedia::
Top posting users this week
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 7 on Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:01 pm

Rosecourt, Harper

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Harper

Harper

Rosecourt, Harper Empty
PostSubject: Rosecourt, Harper   Rosecourt, Harper I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 11:40 pm

::Character::

Name: Harper Rosecourt
Nickname:
Birthday: 5/20
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 79.4 KG
Hometown: Vermillion City, Kanto
Class: Pokemon Trainer

Physical Description: Harper is tall, shapely, and most men would say very pretty to look at. Hair red as fire, and more often then not kept in a wild fanned out look against the back of her head. Her bangs are cut so they lean to the right out of her eyes, a strand hangs loosely by the right side of her face. When her hair is down, it grazes just past her shoulder blades. Harpers eyes are a chilling ice blue, and can almost stare into your soul. Her skin is lightly tanned from working outside a lot while she was living at her parents ranch just outside Vermillion City. She is tall, and thin with a definate curve to her body's structure, though she's also got a fair amount of muscle, hauling heavy bags of pokemon feed will do that to you.
Clothing: With her rough, and down and dirty attitude, Harper may be a pretty face but she doesn't dress that part. She's used to hard work, which means jeans, a t-shirt, and boots. This is what she's in nearly 100% of the time, and this does not exclude when she's battling. The two items she never goes without, are the Quick Claw necklace that her father gave her the night she went to begin her journey, and the hiking boots her mother gave her for her fifteenth birthday. You could say they are her 'good luck charms'.
Accessories: Broken Quick Claw necklace form her father, digital camera
Extra: Harper has a tattoo of one of her favorite pokemon on her left arm, a Flygon
Spoiler:
Picture: Rosecourt, Harper Kazumi1

Personality: There's no doubt about it, Harper was definately born for a working life. Her get-it-done, tough attitude has gotten out of, and also into a lot of problems. Harper is a loaded pistol, a wild thing that no one can even dream to easily tame. One thing about Harper that people might not like, is that she can be crude, and also very blunt with things. Her mother has often compaired her to a wild Rapidash, firey mane blowing in the breeze, a wild that part of you desires, yet another part would hate to see such wild beauty locked ina cage.
As for her battling style, she takes very much after her father. Straight forward, hit it hard and ask questions later. If she had a nature herself, there's no doubt it'd be Adamant.

History: Eighteen years ago, in Vermillion City, Drake and Brooke Rosecourt welcomed home their new daughter Harper. Their first night home, Harper sound asleep, a serious discussion was being held between the proud parents downstairs.
“She looks just like you Drake.”
Brooke said with a smile, sitting as her husband handed her a mug of coffee. Drake turned back to the counter, fixing his own cup.
“Yeah she does, I can’t wait until she’s all grown up, when she starts her journey she’ll be so-“
Drake turned his face dropping as Brooke looked at him with such contempt.
“What?”
“You’re really talking about this now?”
Brooke said, as evenly as she could. But Drake could hear it in her voice, she wanted to raise her tone so badly, but kept herself at a low so she wouldn’t wake her daughter.
“Brooke it’s going to creep up on us faster then we know it. These years go by fast.”
“I know but do you really want to push her into it? Do you want her to go through the same pain as you did?”
Drake’s heart plummeted into his stomach, and he half mindedly fumbled with the broken Quick Claw that hung around his neck. It served as a constant reminder of his Blastoise Brick, and how a sudden change took him from Drake. He gripped it tightly as he sat across the wooden table from his wife.
“I know…but who are we to keep her from the joy that comes with being a trainer? Apart from loosing Brick my journey was the best times of my life.”
Brooke sipped her coffee in silence, and Drake sighed. He knew her silence meant end of discussion, and with a heavy heart he watched the steam rise from his mug.

“Alright kiddo, it’s time for you to go to bed.”
Drake said, as he walked over to pick a half asleep, five year old Harper from the rocking chair in the corner of the softly lit family room. Slumped over her father shoulder, Harper smiled sleepily as Hector, her father’s Persian, stretched out his long body and followed the two upstairs. As Drake placed his daughter in her sheets, Hector curled up beside the bed, he always felt inclined to protect his masters daughter, because of Hector Harper never feared the dark.
“Will you tell me a story daddy?”
Harper muttered, as her fingers lightly grazed the Persian’s scalp, making him purr contently as his tail flicked back and forth on the rug by her bed. Drake smiled, he knew all too well what kind of story she wanted, and so he placed himself at her feet and softly brushed some hair out of her face.
“Ok, I have a great one in mind.”
Drake began to unravel a thrilling tale of years ago, when he was toe to toe with Blaine for his second to last gym badge. Brick easily took out the first three Pokémon on the fire gym leader’s team, but his final team mate proved troublesome.
“I was pinned down; Brick was tired from taking the battle all by himself, and that Rapidash still had tons of fight in him. And so, as Blaine went in for a Flamethrower, I yelled out my final move-“
“Brick use Hydro Canon!”
Harper interrupted to finish her father’s sentence. Drake smiled, and rubbed his daughter’s cheek with his thumb.
“That’s right sweetie, the water easily cut through the Flamethrower, and with a mighty hiss from the steam it caused, Rapidash took the full force of the attack and it was all over. I got my badge, and the next day we headed off for the final gym in Viridian City.”
With the story finished, Harper turned over on her side to snuggle deeper under the thick quilt. Just as Drake pushed himself up from the bed, Harper muttered before sleep took her,
“I wish I could have met Brick daddy.”
He stopped, and as Hector lifted his head he brushed his knuckles against his fur.
“So do I sweetie, so do I.”
Drake silently shut his daughter’s door, and turned to jump as he saw his wife’s unhappy face there before him. Brooke hated when Drake would fill their daughter’s head with these stories, and Drake knew it but he did it anyway.
“She loves them what can I say?”
He said softly, with a sheepish smile and a shrug of his shoulders. Brooke slowly shook her head, making her dark brown curls toss about her neck before she returned down the hallway toward their bedroom. With a heavy hearted sigh Drake pressed himself against the wall and slid down to sit on the floor. If only she knew how much Harper loved these wonderful creatures, then maybe she’d let their baby girl go.

In the back field of the Rosecourt family ranch, a thirteen year old Harper was busy. Hands enveloped in old leathers gloves, she was hauling hay around the large field like back yard for the Tauros in the stable in the far corner of the yard. Throwing the last bale into the feeding bed, she began to unbind and spread it evenly through the long metal canal. The Tauros whined their thanks before they became too enthralled with eating to notice her.
Harper pulled her hands from the leather gloves, and gently rubbed the fur on the bull Pokémon’s head. Off in the distance, she could see her mother and father having another discussion in the kitchen, which usually meant her dad was in trouble. So, sneaking over silently, she squatted against the back wall just below the open kitchen window and listened to her mother.
“Drake I’ve had it with you and this talk of Harper beginning her journey!”
“But Brooke she’s thirteen! The proper age to begin her journey was three years ago!”
“I don’t care; I will not have my little girl traipsing about the Kanto region, putting her life and the lives of her Pokémon at risk!”
“That’s why she would have a Pokémon! It would protect her!”
“And what if she goes through what you did with your Blastoise huh?! I will not have her so depressed that she does nothing around this house!”
The pause meant that Drake was a slack jaw shocked as Harper was.
“That’s what this all about?! The things she does around the ranch that’s why you don’t want her to leave?!!”
“I’m just trying to protect her Drake!”
“You’re being over protective Brooke!! There will be a time that we’ll have to let her go! And I feel it’s best that we do it with a Pokémon by her side so she’ll be safe!”
“Well if you want to watch your daughter as she crumbles to pieces that’s fine by me! I will not take any part of consoling her; think of it as my way of saying I told you so!”
With a huff her mother left the kitchen, and the back door was thrown open as Drake stormed outside. He stopped, and turned to see Harper curled up under the window; her head burred in her knees as she hugged them to her chest. Crouching to her level, Drake cupped Harpers chin and brought her head up, drying her eyes with his free thumb.
“How much did you hear?”
With a sniff Harper threw her arm over her eyes and dried to dry the tears from them.
“Every word…”
With a disgruntled sigh, Drake moved forward and brought Harper up onto his shoulders. He began walking around the ranch, letting her see all the Pokémon people had left with them for the time being. Drake did this all the time when Harper was little, it always cheered her up.
“Don’t you worry about a thing ok kiddo? I swear one way or another I’ll get you on a journey.”
Harper smiled softly, the tears stopping as they walked along the high fence. Her arms wrapped around her father neck and she placed her cheek on the back of his head.
“Thank you dad.”

Nightfall and a dark figure dashed across the open field. It took to a tree and branch by branch, the form pulled and swing itself high enough so it had a chance to jump to the top of the thirty foot fence encircling the ranch yard. Slowly it worked its way toward the end of the branch, and with a mighty leap grabbed onto the top. It struggled with the smooth surface, as its feet tried to push itself up to get leverage.
Suddenly, Harper’s face was illuminated by the kitchen light through the large window in the back wall. A figure opened the door, and she gasped as she lost her grip. As she fell three stories, Harper’s fall was suddenly stopped by a furry mass, and a cold nose pressed against her neck followed by a wet tongue across her cheek. Julius, her father’s Arcanine had come to her rescue. Julius slid her from his back, and she hugged his neck thanking him for saving her.
The figure from the doorway approached, and to Harper great relief it was her father. Her father’s blue eyes took in the large messenger backpack at her hip; he smiled and placed a soft hand on his eighteen year old daughters shoulder.
“I knew I’d never get away with it.”
Harper muttered, beginning to pull the strap from around her shoulder. A swift movement and her father’s hand stopped hers from moving before it pushed it back down to settle the bag back on her hip. Then he turned to one of the trees, and blow a very soft whistle through his teeth. From the shadows, a large figure took flight before settling down with a gust before them. Tobias hopped around as her father circled his finger around.
Harper looked to her father incredulously as he silently pushed her toward his Pidgeot. A huge grin plastered itself on her face, and she threw her arms around her dad before she climbed onto Tobias.
“Hold on Toby.”
Her father said as the bird just began to unfurl his wings. Drake stepped forward, and pulled the string from around his neck, looping it over Harper’s instead. For a long moment, she sat there running her fingers over the Quick Claw.
“You’re giving it to me?”
With one final smile, Drake reached up and kissed his daughter forehead.
“Good luck sweetheart.”
Harper grasped the Quick Claw and nodded, Tobias flapping his wings to take to the skies. As they flew Harper held onto the Pidgeot’s neck tightly with one hand, the other clasped tightly around the broken item. As they flew through the night, Harper prayed silently.
‘Dad…Brick…I hope I can do right by you guys.’

::PC::

::Items::

Trainer: Pokedex; 5 Pokeball; 3 Potion; TM Return, TM Mega Drain

Money: Pokemon Dollar 10,000

Badges:

::Pokemon::

Species: Charmander
Nickname: Duke
Other: Duke has a black and red stripped bandana that Harper gave him around his neck, he's taken quite a fancy to it.
Personality: Duke is a Serious natured Charmander, who is nearly attached at Harpers hip. With her personality much like a fire type, Duke follows Harper very loyaly and will protect her without a second thought. Harper can easily see Duke being a natural born leader, not only is he powerful, but he's also pretty smart. Duke loves when Harper tells him stories of her father's exploits as a trainer, it gives the young Charmander hope, and a strong push to give Harper everything she hopes for.

Ability: Blaze: Ups Fire type moves in a pinch
Known Moves: Scratch, Growl

Stats - 20
Strength: 4
Special Attack: 5
Endurance: 4
Speed: 4
Accuracy: 3
Level: 5

Sources:

Last edited by Harper on Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Avaritia
Admin
Avaritia

Rosecourt, Harper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rosecourt, Harper   Rosecourt, Harper I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 1:25 am

You just put my usual historys to shame XD Just remember to specify the two TM that your character has,then I can approve it ^^
Back to top Go down
Harper

Harper

Rosecourt, Harper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rosecourt, Harper   Rosecourt, Harper I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 1:29 am

Specified the TMS, I hope their acceptable
Back to top Go down
Avaritia
Admin
Avaritia

Rosecourt, Harper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rosecourt, Harper   Rosecourt, Harper I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 1:36 am

They most definitly are :3

APPROVED ^_^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rosecourt, Harper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rosecourt, Harper   Rosecourt, Harper I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rosecourt, Harper
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Explore :: Creation Area & Important Stuff :: Character Creation :: Approved Characters-
Jump to: