Pokemon Explore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Explore

Pokemon Explore is a forum based RPG game taking place in the world of Pokemon.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Character Theme Songs
::Stat System:: I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 9:52 pm by Harper

» A new life awaits, my journey finally begins!
::Stat System:: I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 10:00 pm by Harper

» Naruto Savage Lands
::Stat System:: I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 2:22 pm by Harper

» ::Stop at Viridian City::
::Stat System:: I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 9:25 pm by Avaritia

» Last one to post wins!
::Stat System:: I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 11:28 pm by Avaritia

» PE Chatbox
::Stat System:: I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 9:00 pm by System

» [Graded] Journey starts. Go!
::Stat System:: I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 3:14 pm by G.

» Rosecourt, Harper
::Stat System:: I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 1:36 am by Avaritia

» xen xonoxa
::Stat System:: I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 7:38 pm by Avaritia

Important Links
::General Site Rules::
::Administrators & Moderators::
::Systems::
::Character Template::
::Bulbapedia::
Top posting users this week
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 7 on Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:01 pm

::Stat System::

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G.
Admin
G.

::Stat System:: Empty
PostSubject: ::Stat System::   ::Stat System:: I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 4:37 pm

::Stat Points::

Stat Points, also known as either SP, are the key elements to your Stats. Your may earn Stat Points from your threads, which is key in developing your character and making your pokemon stronger. As NPCs are essentially only there to progress the story and help your Pokemon evolve they won't gain any stats.

Also, this may seem obvious, but one Stat Point earned equals one Stat for any of your Stat sections (Strength, Endurance, Speed, etc.)

Once you have earned your Stat Points, you will need to fill in a modification, or post in the end of the topic, so that they may be added to your characters profile. Only the Pokemon which was in the thread where you earned the Stat Points may have the Stat Points added to their profile.

Since such a large part of the Pokemon Universe revolves around combat, we here at Pokemon Explore have decided to implement a stat-system -one that revolves around five basic statistics- and combine it with free form Roleplay to make an interesting and fun experience. These primary statistics make up the main ways in which a pokemon will fight, and reflect the skills that a pokemon has in these areas. These statistics are:

-Strength
-Special Attack
-Endurance
-Speed
-Accuracy

These stats all combine to showcase how your pokemon acts in battle and in the world as well. A pokemon with higher strength stat will be more powerful than the one with lower strength stat. Same goes for the others; if someone has more speed they will be able to move faster, do their actions quicker and dodge better. Although it should be remembered that some pokemon have way higher base stats than others, thus Speed Deoxys can outrun a Caterpie if they have same stats Speed stat. We do not want stats to become the be-all and end-all of Roleplaying here, thus we use the categorization to show what level of skill your pokemon can perform while within those levels. Use common sense. A smart roleplayer with skillful thinking can overcome someone with better stats. It should be reminded that some pokemon have higher base stats.

Strength
Strength is a measure of a pokemon's muscle or physical power. Strength determines how much power is behind a physical attack and how heavy an object a pokemon may lift. It allows them to hold or grapple others as well as to break out of restraints. Effectively, for any task where inertia is changed, strength is the relevant statistic.

Do note that a pokemon with martial arts training, such as Mienshao, can use their body strength much more effectively, so don't complain if a Fighting-type pokemon overpowers a bug-type, even if the bug-type has higher strength.

Special Attack
The Special Attack stat determines how much damage a Pokemon can deal using a special move. Although not helping much in physical combat, it is important stat for pokemon who wish to keep in range and dish out ranged attacks.

Endurance
Endurance shows how healthy and sturdy someone is. It affects their tolerance to burns, poison, as well as how many hits they can take before going down. Endurance determines how fast the pokemon heals and how long they can endure strenuous activity, such as holding their breath or running.

Speed
Speed determines how fast pokemon's body can move. Higher speeds allow pokemon to run faster, jump further, and dodge attacks that they're aware of. When this stat is high, the pokemon is more mobile and difficult for enemies to hit under normal circumstances. A pokemon with high speed has their attacks and special attacks fire at a higher rate than one without. Take in note that a pokemon with low accuracy might be not so good at dodging because he might not notice the attacks coming.

Accuracy
The Accuracy stat determines a pokemon's depth of perception. It allows them to follow moving objects at certain speeds and act accordingly to it from both a short distance and at a range. It is the main stat for someones aiming and their reflexes. Speed however also plays a key role in avoiding attacks.

Level
Level is unique among the stats, and derivative from all of them. It is really similar to the one in games. Level is the average of the other five primary statistics, and thus is a representation of average or overall strength, and will not change regardless of how evenly or lopsidedly the other statistics are distributed. This means that Level is all of your other stats divided by 4. For example, if a pokemon has 20 stats, their Level is 5. If you have an odd number, it is simply rounded down. I.E. 35 Equals 8, not 9. Just like in games Level determines the moves your pokemon can learn.
Back to top Go down
https://pokemonexplore.forummotion.com

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Explore :: Creation Area & Important Stuff :: Roleplay Information & Rules-
Jump to: